Groups » Oxford BCL/MJur Student Group

Welcome to Oxford group!

• Deleted User
    Jan 09 2008, 09:16 PM
    hello!
    Are you doing your Mjur or BCL in oxford next year then? have you chosen a college?
    i did my BA in Law in oxford, corpus christi college.... it's a very small but friendly college...
    i will not be in the Mjur or BCL class next year, but i am planning to apply next year, just gathering lots of first-hand information before that....
    yours
    Setareh

• I. Y.
    Jan 10 2008, 09:26 AM
    Dear Setareh

I did my LL.B degree (BA in Law) at the University of Asmara, Eritrea. I am applying to Oxford to my LL.M there. I am gathering information and certain credentials that should help me get to Oxford.

Yours Isaias

• Deleted User
    Jan 14 2008, 09:15 PM
    Hey Isaias,

how are you? and where do you live at the moment? i have quite a few friends from Eritrea who live in london, one has been to oxford when i was there - so if you're in london too, i could you link you up with them....
    yours,
    setareh

• I. Y.
    Jan 15 2008, 09:32 AM

Dear Setareh,

Thanks a lot for the offer; but I now live in Asmara, Eritrea. Can you inform me how Oxford is: the methods of instruction, student life, relation of students and Professors ....? Is it a good place to be, apart from the prestige ...of the University?

yours Isaias

• Deleted User
    Jan 20 2008, 08:45 AM
    Dear Isaias,
    I had a really great time in Oxford (1999-2002), if you ask me it's one of the best places on earth (seriously!). The city is really great to live in - many parks, many possibilities to go for walks, a little river, beautiful buildings, hundreds of cafes etc. And work atmosphere is really good too - the professors are really interested in helping students to do well, and especially in graduate programs the mix of students is very international. You have great library infrastructure, and a wide range of possibilities for your social life too! the only downside is if you like really large and exciting cities, if you want to go clubbing etc...well, you might have to go to london for that, but there is good connection london-oxford too.
    anyway, i think you've made a great choice and i can only wholeheartedly recomend it.

yours
    Setareh

• N. M.
    Apr 16 2008, 01:07 PM
    Hi....

I just joined this group....

I am Navitha from India doing my LLB(10th sem). I will be done with this course in the month of May,08. After which I have plans to do my LLM from Oxford university(UK)....As per my research goes, I understand that Oxford is the best place to do LLM....I tried gathering formation from different universities, but finally conculded that oxford is the right place.......I have contacted the administrator of this university. She has couried me the application and prospectus. I should be getting it soon...
    You can send a mail to the Administrator : MAIL ID: [email protected] her name is Victoria

Regards,
    Navitha

• C. R.
    Apr 16 2008, 09:01 PM
    Hi Navitha, Oxford Brookes University is not the University of Oxford. You should do some more research before accepting an offer. To get into Oxford University, you need excellent grades etc. Competition is tough!

• N. M.
    Apr 17 2008, 11:53 AM
    alright thanks :-)

• N. M.
    Apr 18 2008, 07:57 AM
    Hey Christopher....I was confused with the Oxford stuff.....I thought both are same. Yesterday I recevied the application form from Oxford Brookes University...

You have to be a member of "Oxford BCL/MJur Student Group" in order to reply.

Join

Oxford BCL/MJur Student Group