A Case Study at the Cutting Edge: Legal Project Management in Australia
Legal Leadership LLC
The legal profession, sad to say, rewards its denizens with relatively few breakout moments, a dearth of challenges that allow its movers and shakers to break new ground. All the talk about law’s “New Normal” notwithstanding, the legal landscape is a pretty conventional place, populated by more “first followers” than “first movers.”
That’s why it was both a privilege and a career highlight to work with King & Wood Mallesons to roll out Australia’s first comprehensive Legal Project Management (LPM) initiative.
Woldow, P. 2012, "A Case Study at the Cutting Edge: Legal Project Management in Australia". In: JDSupra.
More Publications by Pamela Woldow
- Battling Law’s Second Language
- Feminenglish Part III: Causes and Consequences
- 9 Awesome Articles on AI & the Law
- The Human Barrier to LPM Technology: Will Lawyers Get to the Future?
- Scope-Blindness: Confusing Trees with Forests
- 10 Lessons About Technology That Law Firms Must Learn
- Memo to In-House Counsel: Minimizing Communications Babel
- Are You a Manterrupter?
- No Seat at the Table
- Manterruption, Part II: The Quest for a Cure
- Manterruption III: Reader Responses & Connecting the Dots
- Wishin' and Hopin'... And Sittin' On Your Hands
- It’s All in the Game: Managing Partners Come to Grips with “Gamification”
- DISPATCH TO MANAGING PARTNERS: 5 Key Observations on Law’s Tectonic Shifts
- How You'll Know When Your Firm's Been Fired
- Plugging Profitability Leaks: A Simple Tip for Great Delegation
- Legal Project Management in an Hour for Lawyers
- Cutting Corners and the Question of Quality
- Cutting Corners, Part IV: The Readers Speak
- Straight From the Horse’s Mouth - GCs Say What They Want From Outside Firms
- Taking the Plunge: Do You Want to Be Managing Partner?
- “You did WHAT!?” – The Powerful Value of Providing Something for Nothing
- Legal Project Management 101: Why Scoping Matters
- Top 5 Bad Excuses for Resisting Legal Project Management
- The Death of Lifetime Partnership?
- Up Close and Personal – Perspectives from a Managing Partners’ Forum
- Is This In My Job Description? What Managing Partners Say About Their Job
- Lateral Integration: The Real Elephant in the Room
- A Seat at the Legal Project Managment Table
- SEarching for Clients With a Bottomless Wallet
- King & Wood Snaps Up UK Firm As It Looks To Go Global
- Adventures in Magical Thinking, Part I
- A Practical Slant on Legal Project Management Implementation
- Successfully Implementing Legal Project Management
- Signs of the Times
- A Practical Slant on LPM Implementation
- Notes On The New Year – 2014
- Legal Project Management 2.0: The Pressure to Perform and the Mandate to Deliver
- Legal Project Management Enters Adolescence
- THE LOW DELTA FIRM: Demise of the Low Ball?
- You Can't Make Lawyers Into Techies: 3 Lessons About LPM
- Corporate Counsel: How to Stop Bluster, Boilerplate and BS in RFP Responses
- “Grubby Money” - Lawyers’ Reluctance to Talk About Fees
- Do You Want Swiss With That?
- Litigation: Getting the most from legal project management
- The Client's New Voice
- Power Tools for General Counsel: Creating RFPs that Really Deliver
- Legal Project Management: An Expanding Perspective
- Legal Project Management: A Trend at the Tipping Point
- Is Dechert Ahead of the Curve?
- GPS for General Counsel: Navigating Fee Transition
- Implementing Legal Project Management: What's the Best Way to Grab the Flame?
- It’s about time: Legal department cuts are
- A Practical Approach to Legal Project Management
- Rethinking Legal Technology in Legal Project Managment
- Times are tough — How Can Alternative Fee Arrangements Help Solve the Problem?
- Tying Outside Legal Costs to Value
- General Counsel Pressuring Firms Amid Recession
- Open Letter to General Counsel in Tough Economic Times