THE LOW DELTA FIRM: Demise of the Low Ball?
Legal Leadership LLC
Client are demanding better efficiency, predictability, cost-effectiveness and communication from outside counsel. Chief among these demands is the ability to deliver the goods, consistently, as and when promised. This article addresses the new metrics being used to select and retain law firms.
Woldow, P. 2012, THE LOW DELTA FIRM: Demise of the Low Ball?, United States.
More Publications by Pamela Woldow
- Battling Law’s Second Language
- Feminenglish Part III: Causes and Consequences
- The Human Barrier to LPM Technology: Will Lawyers Get to the Future?
- Scope-Blindness: Confusing Trees with Forests
- 10 Lessons About Technology That Law Firms Must Learn
- Memo to In-House Counsel: Minimizing Communications Babel
- Are You a Manterrupter?
- No Seat at the Table
- Manterruption, Part II: The Quest for a Cure
- Manterruption III: Reader Responses & Connecting the Dots
- Wishin' and Hopin'... And Sittin' On Your Hands
- It’s All in the Game: Managing Partners Come to Grips with “Gamification”
- DISPATCH TO MANAGING PARTNERS: 5 Key Observations on Law’s Tectonic Shifts
- How You'll Know When Your Firm's Been Fired
- Plugging Profitability Leaks: A Simple Tip for Great Delegation
- Legal Project Management in an Hour for Lawyers
- Cutting Corners and the Question of Quality
- Cutting Corners, Part IV: The Readers Speak
- Straight From the Horse’s Mouth - GCs Say What They Want From Outside Firms
- Taking the Plunge: Do You Want to Be Managing Partner?
- “You did WHAT!?” – The Powerful Value of Providing Something for Nothing
- Legal Project Management 101: Why Scoping Matters
- Top 5 Bad Excuses for Resisting Legal Project Management
- The Death of Lifetime Partnership?
- Up Close and Personal – Perspectives from a Managing Partners’ Forum
- Is This In My Job Description? What Managing Partners Say About Their Job
- Lateral Integration: The Real Elephant in the Room
- A Seat at the Legal Project Managment Table
- SEarching for Clients With a Bottomless Wallet
- King & Wood Snaps Up UK Firm As It Looks To Go Global
- Adventures in Magical Thinking, Part I
- A Practical Slant on Legal Project Management Implementation
- Successfully Implementing Legal Project Management
- Signs of the Times
- A Practical Slant on LPM Implementation
- Notes On The New Year – 2014
- Legal Project Management 2.0: The Pressure to Perform and the Mandate to Deliver
- Legal Project Management Enters Adolescence
- You Can't Make Lawyers Into Techies: 3 Lessons About LPM
- A Case Study at the Cutting Edge: Legal Project Management in Australia
- Corporate Counsel: How to Stop Bluster, Boilerplate and BS in RFP Responses
- “Grubby Money” - Lawyers’ Reluctance to Talk About Fees
- Do You Want Swiss With That?
- Litigation: Getting the most from legal project management
- The Client's New Voice
- Power Tools for General Counsel: Creating RFPs that Really Deliver
- Legal Project Management: An Expanding Perspective
- Legal Project Management: A Trend at the Tipping Point
- Is Dechert Ahead of the Curve?
- GPS for General Counsel: Navigating Fee Transition
- Implementing Legal Project Management: What's the Best Way to Grab the Flame?
- It’s about time: Legal department cuts are
- A Practical Approach to Legal Project Management
- Rethinking Legal Technology in Legal Project Managment
- Times are tough — How Can Alternative Fee Arrangements Help Solve the Problem?
- Tying Outside Legal Costs to Value
- General Counsel Pressuring Firms Amid Recession
- Open Letter to General Counsel in Tough Economic Times