|Location||New Delhi, India|
|Practice areas||Information Technology, Data Protection, Media and Telecommunications Law|
|Memberships||I•International Technology Law Association, •International Media Lawyers Association, •International Trade Mark Association, •International Muslim Lawyers Association, •Delhi Bar Association (Registered with the bar since 2003)|
|More about me||Salman Waris LL.M., currently Heads the Technology, Media and Telecommunications Practice at FoxMandal Little, India’s largest law firm. He has worked on a broad range of transactional, advisory and contentious matters in the IT, IP and outsourcing sector.
Mr. Waris has been recommended for his work as a technology lawyer by Asia Legal500, AsiaLaw Leading Lawyers 2009 Guide. His practice covers IT, outsourcing, media, data protection/ privacy, telecommunications, M&A and joint venture transactions. He regularly advises on outsourcing (IT or Business Processes), technology transfers and legal/regulatory issues concerning telecommunication, new media and the Internet. His clients include STAR, Alcatel, Huawei, Tyco, Trend Micro, Mastercard Worldwide Inc., UBS, Valtimet and ZTE among others.
Mr. Waris is also a fellow member at the Centre for Socio Legal Studies, University of Oxford and the International Media Lawyers Association. He is a regular speaker at IT industry conferences on IP, technology and data protection law and has trained officers of the Indian Army and the Delhi Police on Cyber crime and Cyber law related issues.
He has been quoted on technology law issues both in the national and international media including publications like the UK Data Protection Journal, India Business Law Journal, the Financial Express, the Economic Times, the Indian Express, the Times of India to name a few.
- Waris, S. 2009, "Tackling Online Gambling". In: International Law Office , ILO.
- Waris, S. 2007, "How safe is your data? ". In: India Business Law Journal .
- Waris, S. 2006, "Data Protection, Privacy And Corporate Compliance: The Law and Emerging Trends in India". In: The Business Lawyer.
- Waris, S. 2005, "Indian Law Provides Semblance of Data Privacy". In: Privacy & Data Protection Journal, UK.
- Waris, S. 2005, "Proposed Amendments to Indian Information Technology Law provide for Data Protection and Privacy Issues". In: International Bar Association, IBA.
- Waris, S. 2002, "Indian Information Technology Act 2000 and Copyright Issues". In: Supreme Court Journal, New Delhi India.
You have to be logged in to view this user's contacts.
You have to be logged in to view this user's groups.